Wednesday, August 19, 2015

              Welcome to my blog!  This online forum will serve as a travel journal of sorts for my upcoming adventures.  This past spring, I was chosen as the Brad Henry Scholar from Northwestern Oklahoma State University.  This means that I have the privilege to study abroad at Swansea University in Wales for the Fall Term.  I am so excited for this amazing opportunity, and am happy to be able to share my experiences with you, through this blog.
            As you may have guessed, if you weren’t sure to begin with, I am the “Chandler” from the Adventures of Chandler and Bill title.  As I have already briefly introduced myself, please allow me to introduce Bill(s). 
These are the Bills

            I will be taking a LOT of pictures of my travels, and quite a few of these will feature one or both of the Bills.  There is no secret meaning behind my taking of the Shakespeare dolls, bringing them simply adds an element of continuity (and fun!) to all the pictures.  If you happen to be wondering, I am using two dolls because there may be some instances in which a grown woman carrying a Shakespeare doll looks a bit odd.  In those situations, Little Bill (the finger puppet) will be pictured.
            I am so excited to be going on this adventure.  I fly out from OKC in 6 days, so over the next few days, I will be posting more information, but I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.
As a note, I will of course be posting the pictures I take from my trip here on the blog, but I will also be posting them to my Facebook Wall and my Twitter Account.  If you are a Twitter or Facebook User, all my pictures will be tagged with #AdventuresofChandlerandBill, if you would rather look at pictures that way.  I would love to have you follow this blog or any of the other social media sights.  On Facebook, my name is Chandler Steckbeck and my Twitter handle is @FeministAce.
                                       I can't wait to share this adventure with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment