Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Hello All!
     It has been a crazy past couple of days!  My family threw a Bon Voyage Party for me, I packed up all my things, turned 21, and am officially on my way to Wales!  I am actually writing this from our firs plane ride OKC to Charlotte, after this, we hope on a plane to JFK, and from there we head to London.  We have hit a few bumps in the road, but are going to make it!
     As I actually fly away from Oklahoma, the reality that I am going to be gone for almost 4 months is sinking in.  I am of course excited for this fantastic opportunity, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous.  I have traveled before, but always with family.  This will be a learning experience in so many ways.  I know it will be challenging, but I think I am ready.
     I am more than nervous however, I am also thankful.  I am thankful for my family who threw a beautiful going away/birthday party for me.  I am thankful I had the chance to say goodbye to all my friends and professors.  I am thankful that when the American Airlines employee called at 3:30 this morning to tell us our flight had been canceled, he very cheerfully worked with two frantic/panicking women to not only get us to our final destination but also (hopefully) get us there a little earlier.  But more than anything, I am thankful for this opportunity.
     As many of you know, I am going to Study Abroad because I was blessed to receive a Brad Henry Scholarship.  If you have lived in Oklahoma for any amount of time, I am sure you have heard the name Brad Henry.  Governor and Senator are just two of the many titles and honored positions that Brad Henry has held.  In addition to caring about the state of the government, he has also gone out of his way to very generously bless students (like me) with this Study Abroad Program.  I am so incredibly thankful for the generosity of Governor Henry.  I know this will be one of the best experiences of my life! 
      Well, that is all for now, I am going to sit back, stretch my legs (perks of being in the exit row) and rest for a bit.  I don’t know why, but sitting all day in airplanes and airports wears me out.  I will keep you all posted as to the goings on!  God willing, my next post will be from the UK!

     Note, as per the request of many, I have (within the last day) signed up for an Instagram account, so if you would like to see various pictures and posts in addition to what will appear on the blog, you can search social media for the #adventuresofchandlerandbill tag, follow me on Twitter, @FeministAce, or follow me on Instagram, feminist_ace.  Have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment